Friday, January 11, 2008

New Illustrations for 2008

Now that it's 2008, I'd say it's high time I jumped in on this new-fangled blog craze that's been sweeping the nation.

But first, I should introduce myself. I'm an
illustrator, which means I draw the artwork you see in books, magazines,
packaging, toys, etc. I create original work that has a cartoonish look. Often I'm influenced by old cartoons, comics, toys, and Japanese
pop art.

There is plenty of artwork to see on my main site, shawnfinley.com, but I'll also be posting my newest work here so ya'll can get a peek at the latest stuff. This piece was from my Holiday card in December...

I like to add a sense of motion, right down to the jingling sleigh bells and kicked up snow. And of course, the people need to be cute! Someone told me the girl in the sled reminded her of Betty Rubble. I guess that's good, since Betty was quite the looker! But it seems Barney wasn't invited on this sleigh ride.

Anyway, enough tomfoolery. More art's on the way. Please check back in!

Best wishes–
Shawn Finley


No comments: